idD Portugal Defence aims to help the Defence Technological and Industrial Base in becoming an international player in the Defence Economy, by:
- Managing the shares that the Portuguese State holds in companies in the Defence sector
- Managing the Defence Technological and Industrial base (DTIB), including DTIB and Portugal representation in the EU, NATO and in international forums relevant to the Defence Economy
- Promoting cooperation between the Armed Forces, companies and the universities and research centres
- Advising on military equipment transactions, namely in the context of the implementation of the Military Programming Law [more information here]
- Supporting operations to monetise assets in the area of National Defence, specially within the scope of the Infrastructure Law
idD Portugal Defence is a state-owned company under joint supervision of the Ministry of National Defence and the Ministry of Finance.